A fault diagnosis method of bearing using energy spread spectrum and genetic algorithm
Feng Ding1 , Manyi Qiu2 , Xuejiao Chen3
1, 2, 3Department of Mechanical and Electronic Engineering, Xi’an Technological University, Xi’an, China
Journal of Vibroengineering, Vol. 21, Issue 6, 2019, p. 1613-1621.
Received 9 May 2018; received in revised form 2 November 2018; accepted 15 November 2018; published 30 September 2019
Considering the shortcomings of the traditional energy spectrum algorithm applied to the rolling bearing fault diagnosis, which can only represent the tendency of fault feature transformation with a certain scale, but not adjacent scales contained. In this paper, we propose a fault diagnosis method of rolling bearing based on Support Vector Machine, combining energy spread spectrum and genetic optimization. The extracted signal is denoised and decomposed using wavelet packets, the energy spectrums and energy spread spectrums are calculated based on the decomposed different frequency signal components. The genetic algorithm is used to select the important parameters of the Support Vector Machine and bring the determined parameter values into the Support Vector Machine to generate the GA-SVM model. Then, energy spectrums and energy spread spectrums are inputted into GA-SVM as the characteristic parameters for identification. The experimental results show the two new points of energy spread spectrums and GA-SVM improve the diagnostic rate by up to 28.5 %, it can effectively improve the fault recognition rate of the rolling bearing.
Keywords: energy spread spectrum, GA-SVM, rolling bearing, fault diagnosis.
This research is financially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 51275374).
- Abdel-Ouahab Boudra, Jean-Christophe Cexus EMD-Based Signal Filtering. IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol. 56, Issue 6, 2007, p. 2196-2202. [Publisher]
- Mandic Danilo P., Rehman Naveedur Empirical Mode Decomposition-Based Time-Frequency Analysis of Multivariate Signals: The Power of Adaptive Data Analysis. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, Vol. 30, Issue 6, 2013, p. 74-86. [Publisher]
- Bharathi M. R., Mohanty A.R. Underwater sound source localization by EMD-based maximum likelihood method. Acoustics Australia, Vol. 46, Issue 2, 2018, p. 193-203. [Publisher]
- Kaneda Yukio, Ishihara Takashi Energy dissipation rate and energy spectrum in high resolution direct numerical simulations of turbulence in a periodic box. Physics of Fluids, Vol. 15, Issue 2, 2003, p. 21-24. [Publisher]
- Fulei Chu, Jin Zhang Extraction of rolling bearing fault feature based on time-wavelet energy spectrum. Journal of Mechanical Engineering, Vol. 17, Issue 47, 2011, p. 44-49. [CrossRef]
- Liu Fayao, Shen Chunhua Learning depth from single monocular images using deep convolutional neural fields. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol. 38, Issue 10, 2016, p. 2024-2039. [Publisher]
- Sun Jian, Wang Chenghua Analog circuit fault diagnosis based on wavelet packet energy spectrum and NPE. Chinese Journal of Scientific Instrument, Vol. 9, Issue 24, 2013, p. 2021-2027. [CrossRef]
- Zarei Jafar, Poshtan Javad Bearing fault detection using wavelet packet transform of induction motor stator current. Tribology International, Vol. 40, Issue 2007, 2006, p. 763-769. [CrossRef]
- Eren Levent, Devaney M. J. Bearing damage detection via wavelet packet decomposition of the stator current. IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol. 2, Issue 53, 2004, p. 430-436. [CrossRef]
- Cao Mao-Sen, Ding Yu-Juan Hierarchical wavelet-aided neural intelligent identification of structural damage in noisy conditions. Applied Sciences, Vol. 7, Issue 4, 2017, p. 1-20. [Publisher]
- Hearst M. A., Dumais S. T. Support vector machines. IEEE Intelligent Systems and their Applications, Vol. 13, Issue 4, 1998, p. 18-28. [Publisher]
- Tyagi Commander Sunil A comparative study of SVM classifiers and artificial neural networks application for rolling element bearing fault diagnosis using wavelet transform preprocessing. International Journal of Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering, Vol. 2, Issue 7, 2008, p. 904-912. [CrossRef]
- Yang Shuxia, Wu Jinglong Parameter selection for support vector machines based on genetic algorithms to short-term power load forecasting. Journal of Central South University (Science and Technology), Vol. 1, Issue 40, 2009, p. 180-184. [CrossRef]
- Zhang Yinglu Internet forecasting based on support vector machine optimized by genetic algorithm. Computer Science, Vol. 5, Issue 35, 2008, p. 177-180. [CrossRef]
- Ding Feng, Qin Feng-Wei Application of wavelet denoising and Hilbert transform in fault diagnosis of motor bearing. Electric Machines and Control, Vol. 21, Issue 6, 2017, p. 89-95. [CrossRef]