Analysis of weak faults of planetary gears based on frequency domain information exchange method
Lichen Shi1 , Zhenya Kang2 , Haitao Wang3 , Kun Li4
1, 2, 3Xi’an University of Architecture and Technology Electrical and Mechanical College, Shaanxi Xi’an, 710055, China
4School of Mechanical Engineering, Xi’an Jiaotong University, Shaanxi Xi’an, 710049, China
Journal of Vibroengineering, Vol. 21, Issue 6, 2019, p. 1622-1635.
Received 12 May 2018; received in revised form 9 March 2019; accepted 16 March 2019; published 30 September 2019
This paper focuses on solving a series of problems, in particular, the extraction of planetary gear fault characteristics for cracked and broken teeth, using the frequency domain information exchange method. First, we discuss deficiencies in classical stochastic resonance fault feature extraction method. A number of issues are associated with adaptive stochastic resonance based on the re-scaling frequency method used during the small parameter issues, such as sampling frequency ratio constraints and easily induced aliasing of the target frequency band. Second, to overcome the above-mentioned problems, this paper proposes a frequency domain information exchange optimization method. Simulations were carried out used the proposed method and results were compared to those obtained using previously presented adaptive stochastic resonance based on the re-scaling frequency method. Finally, tests were performed on an experimental planetary gearbox failure platform to further verify the frequency domain information exchange method for effectively extracting planetary gear crack and missing tooth fault features.
- The possibility of extracting fault features of broken teeth and planetary gear by frequency domain information exchange method is discussed.
- A frequency-domain information exchange optimization method is proposed through theoretical analysis.
- Experiments show that the frequency domain information exchange method can effectively extract the characteristics of planetary gear cracks and tooth missing faults.
Keywords: planetary gearbox, cracked planetary gear teeth, frequency information exchange, weak feature extraction.
- Hameed Z., Hon Y. S., Cho Y. M., et al. Condition monitoring and fault detection of wind turbines and related algorithms: a review. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol. 13, Issue 1, 2009, p. 1-39. [Publisher]
- Yuan Jing, Wei Ying, Zi Yanyang, et al. Customized multiwavelets by hybrid construction method and applications in fault diagnosis. Journal of Vibration and Shock, Vol. 35, Issue 23, 2016, p. 6-13. [CrossRef]
- Cui Weicheng, Xu Aiqiang, Li Wei, et al. A new method for determining effective order rank of singular value decomposition denoising based on fitting error minima principle. Journal of Vibration and Shock, Vol. 36, Issue 3, 2017, p. 132-137. [CrossRef]
- Liu Haohua, Li Fangyi, Wang Yifan, et al. Gear crack damage localization of the planetary gearbox based on ensemble empirical mode decomposition. Journal of Vibration Measurement and Diagnosis, Vol. 37, Issue 3, 2017, p. 426-431. [CrossRef]
- Zeng Xiaoping, He Yuan, Jian Xin, et al. Adaptive interference cancellation for L-DACS1 by the usage of high order statistics. Acta Electronica Sinica, Vol. 44, Issue 10, 2016, p. 2377-2383. [CrossRef]
- Hao Wang, Feng Zhou Fault diagnosis of wind turbine gearbox based on wavelet packet and back propagation neural network. Noise and Vibration Control, Vol. 35, 2015, p. 154-159. [CrossRef]
- Li Yongbo, Yang Yuantao, Wang Xianzhi, Liua Binbin, Liang Xihui Early fault diagnosis of rolling bearings based on hierarchical symbol dynamic entropy and binary tree support vector machine. Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 428, 2018, p. 72-86. [Publisher]
- Alireza Zendehboudi, Baseer M. A., Saidur R. Application of support vector machine models for forecasting solar and wind energy resources: a review. Journal of Cleaner Production, Vol. 199, 2018, p. 272-285. [Publisher]
- Xiao J. Z., Wang H. R., Yang X. C., et al. Multiple faults diagnosis in motion system based on SVM. International Journal of Machine Learning and Cybernetics, Vol. 3, 2012, p. 77-82. [Publisher]
- Park Sungho, Kim Seokgoo, Choi Joo Ho Gear fault diagnosis using transmission error and ensemble empirical mode decomposition. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Vol. 108, 2018, p. 262-275. [Publisher]
- Du Yuncheng, Du Dongping Fault detection and diagnosis using empirical mode decomposition based principal component analysis. Computers and Chemical Engineering, Vol. 115, Issue 12, 2018, p. 1-21. [Publisher]
- Benzi R., Sutera A., Vulpiani A. The mechanism of stochastic resonance. Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and General, Vol. 14, 1981, p. 453-497. [Publisher]
- Li Jimeng, Chen Xuefeng, He Zhengjia Adaptive stochastic resonance method for impact signal detection based on sliding window. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Vol. 36, Issue 2, 2013, p. 240-255. [Publisher]
- Han Dongying, Li Pei, An Shujun, et al. Multi-frequency weak signal detection based on wavelet transform and parameter compensation band-pass multi-stable stochastic resonance. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Vol. 70, Issue 71, 2016, p. 995-1010. [Publisher]
- Lu Siliang, He Qingbo, Zhang Haibin, et al. Rotating machine fault diagnosis through enhanced stochastic resonance by full-wave signal construction. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Vol. 85, 2017, p. 82-97. [Publisher]
- Ren Litong, Hu Jinhai, Xie Shousheng, et al. Application research of the vibration fault feature extraction based on stochastic resonance pretreatment. Journal of Vibration and Shock, Vol. 33, Issue 2, 2014, p. 141-146. [CrossRef]
- Li Hongkun, Zhang Xiaowen, He Changbo, et al. Weak fault enhancement method for blade crack by using stochastic resonance. Journal of Mechanical Engineering, Vol. 52, Issue 1, 2016, p. 94-101. [Publisher]
- Li Zhixing, Shi Boqiang Extracting weak fault characteristics with adaptive singular value decomposition and stochastic resonance. Transactions of the CSAE, Vol. 33, Issue 11, 2017, p. 60-67. [CrossRef]
- Lei Yaguo, Han Dong, Lin Jing, et al. New adaptive stochastic resonance method and its application to fault diagnosis. Journal of Mechanical Engineering, Vol. 7, 2012, p. 62-67. [Publisher]
- Duan Haibin Ant Colony Algorithms: Theory and Application. Science Press, Beijing, 2005. [CrossRef]
- Lei Yaguo, Han Dong, Lin Jing, He Zhengjia Planetary gearbox fault diagnosis using an adaptive stochastic resonance method. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Vol. 38, Issue 1, 2013, p. 113-124. [Publisher]
- Youhao Xie, Xiaole Liu, Houguang Liu, Gang Cheng, Xihui Chen Improved frequency-shifted and re-scaling stochastic resonance for gear fault diagnosis. Transactions of the Chinese Society of Agricultural Engineering, Vol. 32, Issue 8, 2016, p. 70-76. [CrossRef]
- Li Jimeng, Chen Xuefeng, He Zhengjia Multi-stable stochastic resonance and its application research on mechanical fault diagnosis. Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 332, Issue 22, 2013, p. 5999-6015. [Publisher]
- Liu Jinjun, Leng Yonggang, Lai Zhihui, et al. Stochastic resonance based on frequency information exchange. Acta Physica Sinica, Vol. 65, Issue 22, 2016, p. 1-14. [CrossRef]
- Leng Yonggang, Wang Taiyong, Qin Xuda, et al. Power spectrum research of twice sampling stochastic resonance response in a bistable system. Acta Physica Sinica, Vol. 53, Issue 3, 2004, p. 717-723. [CrossRef]