Research on vibration suppression mode of sorting arm structure in high-frequency reciprocating motion
Xuchu Jiang1 , Bin Li2 , Xinyong Mao3 , Yili Peng4 , Wei Jiang5 , Songping He6
1, 5School of Statistics and Mathematics, Zhongnan University of Economics and Law, Wuhan, Hubei, China
2, 3, 4, 6School of Mechanical Science and Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, China
Journal of Vibroengineering, Vol. 21, Issue 6, 2019, p. 1694-1709.
Received 8 January 2018; received in revised form 4 June 2018; accepted 30 July 2018; published 30 September 2019
The sorting arm structure is under the inertia impact of high frequency reciprocating motion. The vibration characteristics are related to the operation process so that the precision of the chip sorting is uncertain. Thus, the accuracy of chips and efficiency of LED sorting machine are reduced. In the paper, the relationship between the vibration of the sorting arm and the positioning error of the chip has been studied. Besides, the correlation between the sorting arm structure’s vibration and the working precision of the separator are pointed out. The operation control is optimized based on the dynamics of the sorting arm and the operation parameters are optimized based on time sequence setting, in order to shorten the vibration attenuation time of the sorting arm for suppress vibration and provide efficiency. The incentives, which are introduced by variable structure and by the operation, can be effectively controlled. The array accuracy of chips and working efficiency of chip sorting machine are improved.
- The correlation between the sorting arm structure’s vibration and the working precision of the separator were clarified.
- The operation control was optimized, based on the dynamics of the sorting arm. The operation parameters were optimized based on time sequence setting.
- The incentives were introduced by the variable structure and by the operation, which were effectively controlled.
- The chip array accuracy and the working efficiency of the chip sorting machine were improved.
Keywords: operation control, sorting precision, chip arrangement, parameter optimization.
The research is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant No. 51775212 and 51505084. The authors are grateful to other participants of the project for their cooperation.
- Pelka D. G., Patel K. An overview of LED applications for general illumination. Design of Efficient Illumination Systems, Vol. 5186, 2003, p. 15-27. [Publisher]
- Shiang W J. Application of simulation to the scheduling problem for a LED sorting system. International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, Vol. 5, 2009, p. 2875-2879. [CrossRef]
- Oakley C. M., Cannon R. H. End-point control of a two-link manipulator with a very flexible forearm: issues and experiments. American Control Conference, 1989, p. 1381-1388. [CrossRef]
- Cannon R. H., Schmitz E. Initial experiments on the end-point control of a flexible one-link robot. The International Journal of Robotics Research, Vol. 3, Issue 3, 1984, p. 62-75. [Publisher]
- Wang D., Vidyasagar M. Transfer functions for a single flexible link. IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, 1989, p. 1042-1043. [CrossRef]
- Asada H., Z. D. M., Tokumaru H. Inverse dynamics of flexible robot arms: Modeling and computation for trajectory control. Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, Vol. 112, 1990, p. 177-185. [Publisher]
- Chedmail P., Aoustin Y. Modeling and control of flexible robot. International Journal Numerical Methods Engineering, Vol. 32, 1991, p. 1595-1619. [Publisher]
- Rovner D. M., Cannon R. H. Experiment toward on-line identification and control of a very flexible one-link manipulator. International Journal Robot Research, Vol. 6, Issue 4, 1987, p. 3-19. [Publisher]
- Song T. T. Active Structural Control: Theory and Practice. Longman Scientific and Technical, 1990. [CrossRef]
- Ferri A. A. Friction damping and isolation systems. Journal of Dynamics Systems, Measurement and Control, Vol. 117, Issue 2, 1995, p. 196-206. [CrossRef]
- Ferri A. A., Heck B. S. analytical investigation of damping enhancement using active and passive structural joints. Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 15, Issue 5, 1992, p. 1258-1264. [Publisher]
- Simonian S. S. Particle damping applications. 45th AIAA/ASME/ASCE/AHS/ ASC Structures, Structural Dynamics and Materials Conference, California, 2004, p. 19-22. [CrossRef]
- Saluena C., Poschel T., Sergei E., Esipov S. E. Dissipative properties of vibrated granular materials. Physical Review Letters, Vol. 59, Issue 4, 1999, p. 4422-4425. [CrossRef]
- Taguchi Y. New origin of a convective motion: elastically induced convection in granular materials. Physical Review Letters, Vol. 69, Issue 9, 1992, p. 1367-1370. [Publisher]
- Miles R. N. Beam dampers for skin vibration and noise reduction in the 747. Vibration Damping Workshop Proceedings, 1984, p. 1-18. [CrossRef]
- Friend R. D., King V. K. Particle Impact Damping Journal. Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 223, Issue 1, 2000, p. 93-118. [Publisher]
- Bai X., Keer L., Wang Q. Investigation of particle damping mechanism via particle dynamics simulations. Granular Matter, Vol. 11, Issue 6, 2009, p. 417-429. [Publisher]
- Chan K. W., Liao W. H., Wang M. Y. Experimental studies for particle damping on a bond arm. Journal of Vibration and Control, Vol. 12, 2006, p. 297-312. [Publisher]
- Younkin George Modeling machine tool feed servo drives using simulation techniques to predict performance. Conference Record of the IEEE Industry Applications Society Annual Meeting, 1989, p. 1699-1706. [Publisher]
- Ma Ping, Liao Chengxiang, Chen Zhenhui, Chen Aimin Dynamic response of the linear motor feed drives with magneto- rheological fluid damper. International Conference on Mechanic Automation and Control Engineering, 2010, p. 3072-3077. [CrossRef]
- Lu Yanhao Grain Picking Equipment. China, 201020237411, 2011. [CrossRef]
- Wang Si Technology Co., Ltd. Fully Automated Sorter-MP76A Manual. Simplified Chinese Version V2.0, 2011. [CrossRef]
- Yi Wenjun GaN LED Chip Automatic Sorter Research and Development. Master’s Thesis, Beijing University of Science and Technology, 2007. [CrossRef]
- Zhu Xin Yu LED Chip Sorting Key Technology Research. Ph.D. Thesis, Beijing University of Technology, 2007. [CrossRef]
- Wu Tao, Li Bin, Wang Longwen, et al. Analysis on mechanisms and performance of on-line angle correction in LED die sorting. Proceedings of the International Conference. on Mathematics and Its Applications, 210, p. 282-287. [CrossRef]
- Wu Tao, Li Bin, Wang Longwen Study on auto-path planning according to grade priority for sorting dies. International Conference on Machine Learning and Computing, 2010, p. 1590-1595. [CrossRef]
- Ao Wu, Bin Li, Longwen Wang, et al. Study on Parallel Schedling of LED Dies Measurement and Grading. International Conference on Electronic Packaging Technology and High Density Packaging, 2010, p. 1426-1430. [CrossRef]
- Cai Libin LED Chip Sorter High-Speed Moving Parts Design and Implementation. Master’s Thesis, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 2009. [CrossRef]
- Wang Yingjun LED Chip Sorting Institutions Elastic Dynamic Response Suppression. Master’s Thesis, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 2009. [CrossRef]
- Wang Chengkai LED Chip High-Speed Sorting Machine Sorting Arm Electromechanical Simulation and Experimental Verification. Master’s Thesis, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 2011. [CrossRef]
- Chen Zhenxing High-Speed LED Chip Sorting Arm Vibration Suppression Technology Research. Master’s Thesis, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 2012. [CrossRef]
- Jie Ouyang LED Chip High-Speed Sorting System Control Technology and Sorting Process. Master’s Thesis, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 2013. [CrossRef]
- Luo Bing, Zhang Zhenzi Autonomous docking based on visual error feedback research. Heilongjiang Automation Technology and Application, Vol. 4, 1997, p. 35-38. [CrossRef]
- Liu Wenchao Computer Quilting Machine Motion Control System. Master’s Degree Thesis, Qingdao University of Science and Technology, 2006. [CrossRef]
- Jia Dongyong Fetching operation of humanoid robot based on visual feed-forward and visual feedback. Journal of Beijing Institute of Technology, Vol. 29, Issue 11, 2009, p. 983-987. [CrossRef]
- Hu Xuxiao, Tai Xianqing, Yang Keji Synchronization control of stepping scanning lithography and wafer deformation error compensation technology. China Mechanical Engineering, Vol. 15, Issue 3, 2004, p. 192-195. [CrossRef]
- George Ellis, Gao Zhiqiang Cures for low-frequency mechanical resonance in industrial servo system. IEEE Industry Applications Society Annual Meeting, Vol. 1, 2001, p. 252-257. [CrossRef]