All manuscripts will be assigned to at least two qualified reviewers through 7 steps described below. Decisions will be made as rapidly as possible, and the journal strives to return reviewers’ comments to authors within 4 weeks.
On receiving an article, the Editorial office will pre-screen your manuscript in 1 week. The Editor in charge of the manuscript will check whether the manuscript is valid, does fall into the scope of the Journal, the presentation language is fluent, and the contribution to the state of the art is clear.
Following is a formal review process accomplished by external anonymous reviewers. Please note that the final decision on the acceptance / rejection of your manuscript is upon the Editor-in-Chief or one of the Associate Editors.
1. Manuscript Submission – A manuscript code is assigned to every submission – authors are urged to use this code for any further communication regarding this manuscript. The manuscript is assigned to one of the Associated Editors (members of the Editorial Board of the Journal).
2. Pre-reviewing (Editorial Office) – Initial Screening of the Manuscript – the Manuscript can be rejected or forwarded to the peer review process at this stage. A Reject decision can be immediately reached if the anti-plagiarism software does show a non-satisfactory score (over 5 %).
3. Peer Review – External Anonymous Reviewers are assigned (if themanuscript is not rejected up to this point).
4. Reviewer’s reports are collected by at the Editorial Office of the Journal. The Associated Editor is either rejecting the Manuscript – or requesting a revision from the authors based on the Reviewers’ comments (Minor, Major Revision requests or the Reject recommendation).
5. Authors return their revised manuscript to the Editorial Office. The Associated Editor is taking a decision – Accept, the Second Round of Revision, or Reject – the decision is communicated to the Authors. The process is iterated to the point No. 2 if an additional revision is requested by the reviewers.
6. Authors are allowed to perform two rounds of revisions. If Reviewers are not convinced by the arguments of authors after the second round of revisions – the manuscript is automatically rejected. In case the two assigned reviewers do have conflicting recommendations, a judge reviser (usually selected from the members of the Editorial Board of the Journal) is invited to give a final recommendation.
7. The final decision is communicated to the Authors.
Conditions of Acceptance
Each article submitted to JVE will be accepted or rejected according to the originality, contribution to the state of the art in the field, the fitness to the scope of the Journal, quality of content, and presentation of the submitted manuscript.